14A - Halfway Reflection

Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to
keep up with the requirements of this course?
To keep up with the requirements of this course, I have utilized my time management skills and creativity.
You have to organize your schedule for the week, to plan for time to complete course work, like blog
posts and feedback. I tend to prefer to complete blog posts sooner rather than later, because I don’t
feel like I produce my best work when I am scrambling at the last minute to complete an assignment.
Additionally, I have exercised my creativity more throughout the duration of this course. It takes
brainstorming and list-making to come up with a thorough business idea and to expand upon it.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up."
What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two
months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I felt like giving up the third time I had to expand on my business idea. I felt like it would be nearly
impossible to find out more outside information regarding the Prescription Place business concept.
My curiosity and drive to get the points for the assignment pulled me through. I just took parts of the
assignment in bite-sized pieces so the task didn’t seem so daunting. I am used to pulling-through
assignments because I have to juggle full-time work and full-time school, and I don’t want to slack in
one or the other. My desire to do well and to be closer to graduation helps push me when I feel
unmotivated.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills
that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

1. Make a list of what you need to accomplish.

2. Spend your time wisely.

3. Try to be first! -- Submit assignments early!


If you follow this advice you will have nothing to worry about for ENT3003.

Comments

  1. Jenna, you mentioned submitting assignments early and preferring to get assignments done in advance. How far in advance do you get your work done before the deadline? Just curious because for example, there's 3 assignments a week so I tend to do 1 assignment a day to pace myself. I also agree with you about the business idea. I was definitely dreading how we had to get more ideas for our business concept and expanding on it.

    Michelle Lam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna,
    I think you give some good advise about submitting assignments early. Every time I do my peer reviews and read your posts it seems you are always ahead of the game and posted assignments that weren't due yet, I like that strategy. Also your desire to do well and be one step closer to graduation is an excellent way to stay motivated. We're halfway home, hang in there.
    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts