What’s Your Secret Sauce?


 
1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.

We are all special in our own way. Here are 5 things about me that contribute to my unique human capital:

Unconventional -- I am very unconventional. I hadn’t realized this about myself until I self-reflected and
noticed that I do things outside of the norm. For example, I work and attend college full-time, have a serious
relationship because of a dating app, and cut my spaghetti when I eat it.

Determined -- I have a very determined personality. “No” doesn’t really sit well with me. I usually succeed in
getting my way by making a way.

Trusting -- If one thing is for certain, it is that God will provide. I have a huge amount of faith, to take risks and
to try new things.

Spontaneous -- I am spontaneous in a good way. Not in a “I spent $5,000 on a handbag” kind of way.
More-so in a “I sponsored a child in Africa” kind of way. True story.

Athletic -- I played sports for most of my life. Because of the extensive training I endured growing up, I have
to work out every week at least once, or else I will feel really anxious and tense. Physical exercise helps keep
me in balance.

2) Interviews

Clay
Clay thinks that I am good with money, knowledgeable in real estate, scholastic, have good judgement, and am
athletic. We grew up together, so he saw me develop these qualities.
https://youtu.be/k1UemkUNSZU

Dad
My dad believes that I am very knowledgeable, eager to learn, well-rounded, handy, and independent. He goes
on to say that I am very driven and ambitious.
https://youtu.be/pvUJb4zSivQ

Daniela
She thinks I am reasonable, objective, eager to know things, love God and stick to my morals, very determined,
and brave. We have spent a lot of time together because of work and grew to become very close friends.
https://youtu.be/wCchMhV03WM

John
He thinks I manage multiple life responsibilities well, I quickly understand concepts, I am creative, I have the ability
to discern personalities and am good with people, and my mole/freckle below my lip makes me unique (lol).
John is my beloved.
https://youtu.be/mU4aNhovkG0

Mom
My mom thinks that I am intelligent, driven/focused, have high standards, health conscious, and determined. She
believes these traits will contribute to my success in the future.
https://youtu.be/kaagiIzSy0Y

3) Reflection

I honestly agree with most of the feedback I received from the interviews. I am known to be very determined (some
may even go as far to say stubborn...which I totally agree with at times). I believe I do pick up new concepts and
ideas quickly. I am health conscious to an extent. I love chocolate though, so that’s where I am weak per se. I don’t
know if I’d call myself brave, maybe more so spontaneous. Being brave has a childlike connotation for me. Everything
mentioned was positive and very affirming. Therefore, this assignment was really worthwhile!

Comments

  1. I think it’s hard to peer review things like this because I don’t know you, but it looks like you covered a lot of ground. I think it was cool that they all listed intangible strengths, like judgment, and I think that you did a good job making brief slides for the interviews for the Youtube videos. I don’t think there’s any criticism to add as you pretty much touched on everything. The first interview was really quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna,

    Really interesting and funny to hear that you cut your spaghetti. That's something I've never heard anyone do before. It was great to learn more about your personality, habits, and likes/dislikes. I'm surprised that out of all 5 interviews, you didn't find anything different or unique that someone mentioned about you. I feel the same way about fitness. I got used to working out often in college because the gyms were open to students, but now that I'm home for the summer, I haven't gone back to the gym since then and feel very sluggish.

    Michelle Lam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts