Entrepreneurship Story


I can recall several attempts as a child of pursuing entrepreneurship. When I was twelve, I started a blog online hoping to foster a
virtual community of fashionistas and foodies alike.
I only posted to the blog once a week, and later lost interest due to the amount of commitment required to generate more followers.
I commend successful bloggers today for
their perseverance and dedication. It takes an organized action plan to write informative and entertaining posts that attract and keep
followers in our digital age.


After that failed attempt at building a blog, my interests shifted to customized beauty products. My next endeavor as a preteen was
Scarlet Secret Beauty Products. For a month, I made my own soaps, shampoos, conditioners, body scrubs, lotions, lip balms, etc.
for friends and family members. I made a small profit. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the resources or support at the time to expand
the business, and it ultimately became a hobby I enjoyed for a year.


After that escapade, I found myself selling handmade key chains and bookmarks to friends at school to supplement my allowance.
My entrepreneurial spirit was a product of my environment at home, where hard-work, creativity, and responsibility were rewarded.




I am taking this class to learn about the principles of entrepreneurship, and to be four credits closer to graduation. I hope to meet and
connect with other creative, innovative, and driven students to discuss possible ventures, and to receive constructive feedback on my
ideas. I am looking forward to pushing the envelope on my creative limits and generating insightful posts for discussion. Thrilled to
be a part of the class this summer!




Comments

  1. Jenna, I can really tell you're a super creative person! I really think that if you wanted to, you can cultivate your entrepreneur spirit and actually start a successful business in the future! It's interesting to read how you went from starting simple with a blog and eventually moving onto creating tangible products to sell. Being an entrepreneur means experimenting and sometimes experiencing failure so you can learn from your mistakes!

    Michelle Lam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna,
    Fantastic story about your history with entrepreneurship! It seems you were born with a gift to make it big in the future. I can relate to not having enough resources as a preteen to follow through with an idea you think is a great opportunity. You are right that hard-work, creativity, and responsibility can all be rewarded if you stick to whatever it is that your doing.
    Nice Story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts